The area of quantum information, science, and technology is rapidly evolving, with important applications in the areas of quantum cryptography, quantum computing, quantum metrology, and advanced quantum-based sensors, some of which are directly relevant to the Laboratory's national security mission.
- Foster a vigorous intellectual environment at Los Alamos
- Define and develop strategic thrusts
- Target and pursue funding opportunities
- Create strategic external collaborations and alliances
- Widen local, regional, national, and international recognition of the excellent research conducted under auspices of Los Alamos Quantum Institute
- Condensed matter