Biodefense Research Center
Experimental and computational expertise that enables passive surveillance, sensitive detection, and targeted diagnostics and therapeutics.
- Agnostic environmental surveillance is essential to provide early warnings of potential biothreats, to detect health events, and to establish situational awareness.
- Early detection is critical for emergency preparedness and rapid response to emerging events and novel biothreats.
- Accurate diagnostics and therapeutics facilitate appropriate treatment and curtail outbreaks through stopping transmission events.
Global Disease Modeling and Forecasting Center
Multi-scale modeling and advanced data science to help the world detect, understand, forecast, prevent, and provide decision support in response to emerging and re-emerging disease outbreaks.
- Integrated and visualized data and modeling to create a bridge between science and policy
- Validated modeling frameworks that can identify risk, forecast disease spread, and assess the impact of interventions.
- Situational awareness and early warning to help decision makers
- Provide expertise in multiple disciplines to help the global community understand pathogenic organisms through surveillance, threat characterization, and countermeasure development.